I really must take more video of what I do. For example, today I was practicing a back-pass that goes like this:
- Balance the cane (parallel to the ground) on your hand in front of you, foot pointing away from your body.
- Slide the cane from your hand to the crook of your elbow, keeping it centered.
- Allow the outside end of the cane to gently lean down.
- Just as the cane is about to fall, bring your arm behind your back, allowing the center of the cane to slide back into your hand.
- In the middle of your back, pass the cane to your opposite hand (palm forward).
- Bring your cane (now in the opposite hand) back to the front, stopping with the cane parallel to the ground and the foot pointed away from your body.
Gets the point across, but can you picture it? Probably not without a lot of thought.
Speaking of back passes, that’s a really fun one. And if you keep your palms up, it’s nice and easy. Next time I work on the… er… sliding back pass, I should try it palms down. That would make it even more contact style.